Friday, March 8

Weekly roundup: Friday potluck

Welcome to another installment of the weekly roundup we all know and love: Friday potluck!

First and foremost: happy International Women's Day!
Just think... 40 years ago, women weren't allowed to compete in marathons for fear that endurance sports would make them infertile.

What? You don't believe me? Well then read the Runner's World piece on 6 women who protested the Amateur Athletic Union's bar against women marathoners...
(And feel free to stop by my Data Insights blog or my Examiner articles for current issues in gender equity research.)


Bizarre uses for everyday products

SUAR teaches us about some disturbing interesting uses for household products: a banana peel removes scratches from CDs, and a tampon can be used to plug a gunshot wound until medical treatment is available. (See Beth's full list here.)


Very punny



Strong is the new... strong!

Miz Fit's post "Strong is not the new Sexy" left me clapping at my keyboard.
Strong is strong. Period.


In my kitchen

With my oddball teaching schedule, the crockpot is my new favorite kitchen tool. (Hubby does plenty of cooking, but sometimes it's nice when we both get to come home to a home-cooked meal without doing any last minute work.)

This slow-cooker chicken tikka masala looks fantastic.
Source: Real Simple magazine


Quote of the week:
"Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead."
Kara Goucher

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?