Thursday, September 19

Training for two: week 33

Here are the workout details from week 33...
Goodbye appetite...
Hello third trimester morning sickness?
Bleck.


Friday: 2 mile walk

Saturday: 5 mile walk

Sunday: Why didn't anyone tell me that morning sickness can return in the third trimester?
Ok. So it's not really hormone-induced morning sickness this late in the game... The cause of third trimester issues is often that when the baby starts taking up all the room in your body, digestion becomes particularly difficult. (I found this out, the hard way, on Sunday morning.) I called my doctor, who sounded somewhat less than worried, so on her instructions I spent the rest of the day nursing Gatorade and a bowl of chicken soup. Bleck.

Monday: Rest and recovery
... and much too much time watching the news of the Navy Yard shootings. Suddenly nausea seemed small trouble compared to 27 families devastated by that tragedy.

Tuesday: 4 mile walk
Hubs and I met up with friends for a walk after work. I was feeling better physically, and needed the break emotionally.

Wednesday: 2 mile walk + prenatal yoga

Thursday: 2 mile walk


THE TALLY:
17 miles walked  + 0 miles run + 1 yoga session
(Honestly, considering how badly I was feeling on Sunday, my total mileage this week is a bit shocking. I had to check the math twice.)

...and 4 pounds lost. Bleck.
I was quite happy with my pound-a-week progress thankyouverymuch. Given that my meals are now about half their normal size, I'm hoping to stop the backslide on weight gain. Baby is still healthy and kicking, but mama doesn't need (or want!) to lose any muscle mass from this nausea!


WHAT I LOVED READING THIS WEEK:

Last week I...
...finished City of Thieves which was fantastic! though graphic... but what World War II book isn't?

... polished off 46 Days: Keeping Up With Jennifer Pharr Davis on the Appalachian Trail which, sadly, was not nearly as good as Becoming Odyssa - in fact, it was sort of a boring read despite the amazing accomplishment of setting the Appalachian trail speed record

...and started The Longest Road: Overland in Search of America, from Key West to the Arctic Ocean by Phillip Caputo, which looks to be another book - like City of Thieves - I won't be able to put down.



Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?