- San Diego:
- If you're going to be in San Diego, there are hundreds of places to run. Check in with one of the local running groups for company. The San Diego Running Meetup has a run scheduled just about every day of the year, and the San Diego Hash House Harriers will keep you well "hydrated."
- If you prefer a solo outing, check out my favorite places to run in San Diego.
- Orange County:
- Head to Back Bay for a paved 10-mile loop (you can carve out a shorter distance by doing an out-and-back run).
- Crystal Cove's Moro Canyon is a favorite of local trail enthusiasts for butt-kicking singletrack.
- Los Angeles:
|San Diego evening skyline seen from Harbor Island pedestrian path|
- Santa Barbara:
- The Santa Barbara Athletic Association has a comprehensive list of local running routes on their website.
- San Francisco:
- While I have run the waterfront along the wharf, I would not recommend this route unless you're lacing up early in the morning, or you enjoy dodging tourists. Instead, head over to Golden Gate Park for miles of looping trails.
|Golden Gate Park in San Francisco|
- List of California running clubs from Running in the USA
- Trail Runners Guide: San Diego
- Northern California Running Clubs
- Southern California Running Clubs