Wednesday, March 2

I knew I ran for a reason!

Is it just me, or do you love when news breaks that proves running is good for you?

I get almost as much giddy "See! I told you so!" pleasure out of reading about the health benefits of running as I do from passing people in the finish chute at a race. Today's news is no exception: Apparently running is the Fountain of Youth. (And Juan Ponce de Leon was looking for the mythical fountain in Florida! How wrong was he? Ha!)

In new research, Dr. Mark Tarnopolsky found that mice who exercised the equivalent of three 10k runs each week showed almost no signs of aging, long after their sedentary peers had perished from age-related causes.

I'll add this to the long list of reasons to love running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?