Sunday, August 17

Rants and Raves

RAVE:

I have three things to rave about this week:

1. I watched a man offer his seat on Metro to a mom and her kid. This occurred one stop after another rider offered a seat to me. (Just because.) I declined -- I actually prefer to stand when I ride -- but it was so very refreshing to see kindness among fellow commuters.

2. 2 new shoes mean my hips aren't bothering me any more!
Never ever again let me put 1,000+ miles on a pair of running shoes. I'm a veteran runner. You'd think I'd know better. But somehow all those miles I walked while pregnant didn't seem like "shoe miles."

3. 3 mother runners + 4 miles = 1 gorgeous run completed before 8am!

... a few more runs like this and I might actually feel like a "real" runner again.


RANT:

I hate the idea that I'm not a "real" runner right now.

I am a firm believer that anyone who runs is a runner. I tell that to other people - and believe it - all the time.
But somehow, when it's me, I can't keep the same perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?