Friday, December 14

Weekly roundup: Friday potluck

Welcome to another installment of the weekly roundup we all know and love: Friday potluck! This week truly is a hodgepodge of weird and wonderful links from around the web... Bon appetite!


Fresh brewed

If you've ever wondered how much caffeine is in your beverage of choice, or how to get the biggest bang for your brewed buck, look no further than the caffeine database.
Seattle baristas take their foam seriously

The carrot and the stick

The U.S. Surgeon General, Dr. Regina Benjamin, realizes that you can't get people fit by telling them what not to do. You have to show them what they can do. “We have to make being healthy joyful,” she said in a quote published on DCstreetsblog, the article continues...
“One person’s joy might be to run a marathon,” she said. “Another person’s is just fit into an old pair of jeans. And another’s is just to sit up all day with their grandkids. We have to stop telling people what they can’t do or what they can’t eat. We have to tell them what they can do. They can go out for walks. They can go out with their friends.”

They can, indeed!


Stupid people tricks

It's been awhile since I've included Stupid People Tricks in a potluck post, and this one had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Enjoy!


Lace up

I'm pretty sure most of the 17 ways to lace your shoes are useless to runners, but the schematic diagrams did remind me that some lacing patterns can relieve hot-spot pressure and make a pair of shoes more comfortable.


Pay it forward

Charlotte from Wild Things Run Free reminds us to pay it forward during the holiday season (and, really, any time of year).


Quote of the week:
"Instead of thinking or saying, I have to finish this project or I have to pick up my kids, I stopped myself and tweaked my language: I get to work on this... I get to do speedwork... I get to go on a long run..."
Kristin Armstrong

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?