Thursday, December 27

Thursday thanks retrospective

2012 has been an excellent vintage. I ran. I traveled. And the world didn't end last week. (Who'd have guessed that Mayan calendar thing was all wrong... I mean, if you look at the typical American wall calendar, the end of the world should occur on December 31 every year!)

My year started out in Barcelona...
Parc Guell

...and I returned to the states to discover that I'd been quoted in Runner's World! (Maybe I should do tequila shots before run-streak runs more often?)

I enjoyed another glorious magnolia season in Florida.
Magnolia blossom

I had to decline attending a conference in Sweden because the travel costs were sky-high, but that opened up my schedule to accept an expenses-paid invitation to speak at a conference in Washington, DC.

I survived the second-worst flooding Pensacola has had ever.

Speaking of water... I found a $10 bill while snorkeling.

I went to a bunch of outdoor concerts, and the best photo was this one...
Dragonfly decided to rest on my finger

I met dozens of kind and considerate people.

And as always, I'm thankful for the things I get to do (even when they sometimes seem like things I "have to do.")


What was the highlight of your year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?