Sunday, January 25

Fit(ter) in 15: Week 4

January's challenge is:
  • Monday/Thursday: 100 push-ups
  • Tuesday/Friday: 100 squats
  • Wednesday/Saturday: 100 crunches

How did I do this week?

So... In case you missed last week's episode... we had an unwelcome household guest: a nasty stomach virus. Between last Saturday night and about mid-day on Friday we each had a round of serious stomach upheaval... and a shocking number of days required for recovery. (My sick leave bank at work is all but empty now. Ugh.)
  • Monday: Hurling, heaving, and general unhappiness
  • Tuesday: More hurling, heaving, and general unhappiness
  • Wednesday: Subsisting on bananas and oatmeal... but at least the food is staying on this inside!
    • 100 squats + 100 push-ups + 60 toe-raises (trying to make up for lost time)
  • Thursday: More bananas and oatmeal
  • Friday: Starting to sort of feel normal
    • 100 squats + 50 push-ups (The kiddo climbed up on my back and I decided it was time to go outside and play instead...)
    • 4 mile walk pushing the kiddo in a jogging stroller (That counts as arm work, no?)
  • Saturday:
    • 4.5 mile run (9:30 average pace)
  • Sunday:

Yep.

No core work this week.

Not a single crunch, plank, or sit-up.

And I'm not sorry about it, either.

I did enough puking to absolve myself of crunch responsibilities.

I'll get back on track next week.

I will say, though, that I look forward to a normal week next week. Saturday's squishy wet run - while slow, and soggy - felt like a welcome return to normalcy after a week of digestive disasters in our house!

For more posts in this series see Fitter in 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?