Tuesday, March 5

In search of the... change of plans

The quest for the sub-24 5k is being put on hold temporarily... 

My pre-race workouts were exactly as they should've been last week. But that 5k I was supposed to run on Saturday? That turned into a home loan appointment at the bank... I have no regrets about skipping the race.

Image by Colemama
Ok... maybe I have a few regrets.

I was hitting paces in the 6s during my track workouts leading up to this race, and race-day weather was PERFECT.

Unfortunately my timeline for making the big move just got moved up to May instead of July. (Read: I move in 2 months, not 4. Yikes!) So lots of pieces need to come together in the next 8 weeks. That bank appointment couldn't be postponed.

Racing has to take a back seat.

(On top of that, my right foot has been saying "go back to pool running" for a few days... It's about time I listened.)


Last week's plan / actual:
  • Monday plan: strength circuit + 60 min bike + stretching
    Actual: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, level 2 + 60 minutes on stationary bike

  • Tuesday: 4 mile run
    Actual: 4 mile run

  • Wednesday: yoga
    Actual: 25 minute gentle yoga + 3 mile walk

  • Thursday: 3 mile run
    Actual: 3 mile run

  • Friday: rest day
    Actual: REST

  • Saturday: RACE DAY!
    Actual: A morning appointment with our bank + an afternoon walk (Banking and a walk don't make a very sexy workout combination, but it did feel like an accomplishment to cross a major "To Do" off of the home-buying checklist... Now if only someone will put a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home for sale in DC within walking-distance of my new job...)

  • Sunday: anything goes
    Actual: 5 mile trail run at Fort Pickens

This week's plan:
My new goal for the next two months is to maintain my strength and run for stress relief.
  • Monday: strength circuit + 60 minute bike ride
  • Tuesday: 3 mile run or swim
  • Wednesday: yoga
  • Thursday: strength circuit + swim
  • Friday: rest day
  • Saturday: 5 mile run or hike
  • Sunday: anything goes


How are you doing on your 2013 goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?