Thursday, June 27

Training for two: week 21

I'm starting to wonder, am I growing a baby or a future David Beckham in my belly? Hello kicking!

Here are the workout details from week 21...

Friday: 4 mile walk

Saturday: prenatal yoga

Sunday: 2 mile walk at Mount Vernon
(My father in law was in town, which meant brunch and sightseeing instead of a run!)

Monday: 4.5 mile walk + 0.5 mile run

Tuesday: 3 mile walk + 10 minute prenatal yoga (in my office! on my lunch break!)
Note: The cobra pose about halfway through the routine made me realize that not all workouts labeled "prenatal" are well thought out. It's my understanding that pregnant women shouldn't be laying on their bellies or doing back bends late in pregnancy. Exercise good judgement, even if the instructor claims the workout is OK for your stage pregnancy.

Wednesday: 3 mile walk  + prenatal strength routine from fitsugar

Thursday: 3 mile walk


THE TALLY:
19.5 miles walked, 0.5 miles run, yoga, and strength training.

We also had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound this morning. Baby BOY is doing just fine, but his head is  down, which would explain the running discomfort I've had for the past couple of weeks. Maybe his cardio (kickboxing!) makes up for my lack of running this week?


WHAT I LOVED READING THIS WEEK:

Seven tips to navigate the post-partum transition time provides the type of common-sense advice that we all (prenant and non-pregnant, parents and non-parents, runners and non-runners) can use from time to time.

In fact, the advice might be just as good for runners as for new parents:
  1. Stop comparing yourself to others.
  2. Surrender to the process.
  3. It's just temporary.
  4. Let go of how you thought it would be
  5. There is no such thing as perfect.
  6. Get support.
  7. Rest and recharge.
Also... In other good reads this week... I hope my labor isn't nearly as chaotic as this woman's birth ordeal.


Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?