Thursday, July 4

Training for two: week 22

Goodbye toes!
(I got a pedicure this week, but my belly is so big I can't see my tootsies unless I sit with my feet up.)

Hello cellulite on my calves!
(Seriously, I don't want to know what my ankles would look like if I wasn't still working out... But I'm trying to keep a good sense of humor about this. The human body is an amazing machine. If it thinks I need a little extra padding right now, who am I to argue?)

Here are the workout details from week 22...


Friday: 2 mile walk

Saturday: bailing water out of the basement and re-grading the back yard...
Seriously - will the rain on the East Coast EVER STOP???
Um... Yeah. I didn't need another workout after the home improvement projects.


Reston Firecracker 5k, right after the photographer
asked me: "You didn't RUN, did you?"
Sunday: REST

Monday: 4 mile walk

Tuesday: 4 mile walk + prenatal strength routine from fitsugar + leg lifts + prenatal yoga

Wednesday: 3 mile walk

Thursday: Hubby and I added a 6th year to our Independence Day racing streak with a 3.1 mile run at the Reston Firecracker 5k
(Race review to follow...)
Plus we walked at least 2 miles around the National Mall.


THE TALLY:
15 miles walked, 3.1 miles run, plus strength training and (not enough) yoga



WHAT I LOVED READING THIS WEEK:

I took a break from baby-book reading this week to dig into The Complete Sherlock Holmes.

What can I say?
Some days a girl just needs a good mystery story.
(And at 99 cents on Kindle, how could I resist?)

Next week's review will be either How to Have Your Second Child First or The Second Nine Months: One Woman Tells the Real Truth about Becoming a Mom. Finally.


Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?