Saturday, February 28

Fit(ter) in 15: Week 9

February's focus has been arm strength:
  • Monday/Thursday: 100 tricep dips
  • Tuesday/Friday: 100 walk-down push-ups
  • Wednesday/Saturday: 1 minute plank

How did I do this week?

  • Monday:
    • 100 dips + 100 squats
  • Tuesday: 
    • Run commute + office yoga "lunch" break (with plank)
  • Wednesday: Fail.
  • Thursday: Another snow day... 
    • I managed 50 dips and 60 squats while trying to keep an eye on a toddler with a  bad case of cabin fever and while trying to get some work done so I don't get fired. The  fact that I did any exercise at all on a day when I essentially worked 2 jobs simultaneously and had no break from 6am to 10pm... That's a win.
  • Friday: Fail. Again.
  • Saturday:
    • Yoga (including plank)
  • Sunday:
    • 8.5 MILE RUN!!! (Longest run in 2ish  years)
How did I do for the month?

Well... thanks to nagging pain in my hand I totally fell off the wagon on the walk down push ups. But I did well on the dips and planks. My running is back on track. And I'm doing strength training at least 4 days/week.

I'm not letting myself off the hook for the missed push-ups, but the whole goal of this challenge-per-month goal was to get back in the habit of exercising (almost) every day. So far, that seems to be working!

For more posts in this series see Fitter in 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?