Thursday, July 25

Training for two: week 25

Here are the workout details from week 25...

Friday: 3 mile walk

Saturday: childbirth class
(Sitting in hard plastic chairs for 6 hours isn't a workout, but it left me more sore than my last run!)

Sunday: 4 mile walk

Monday: 3 mile walk + prenatal yoga class!

Tuesday: 4 mile walk + prenatal yoga video in the office (a.k.a. my "coffee break")

Wednesday: 3 mile walk + prenatal yoga video + 2 mile walk/run (0.25 mi run, 0.5 mi walk)
Confession?
Back in February, I promised myself that I'd only run while it was comfortable and healthy. It's still healthy, but running comfort has taken a nosedive in the past few weeks. Running with 15 extra pounds, loose pelvic ligaments, and a 2-pound baby sitting on my bladder... Well... let's just say that I'm not sure how much longer "real" running will be in my fitness routine. Maybe it's time to find an aquatic center for pool running?

Thursday: 3 mile walk


THE TALLY:
20 miles walked + 3 prenatal yoga sessions + 2 mile walk/run + 1 childbirth class!


WHAT I LOVED READING THIS WEEK:

At times a bit overwhelming to read, The Second Nine Months: One Woman Tells the Real Truth about Becoming a Mom. Finally, by Vicki Glembocki, is a book I'm glad I finished.


Mom, Vicki, struggles with a baby who won't stop crying, and a culture that expects moms to speak of nothing but complete and overwhelming joy at the new addition to their family. So when a new parent feels completely overwhelmed, where does she turn?

I won't tell you how Vicki sorts things out, but I will recommend this book.


Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?