Thursday, October 24

Training for two: week 38

38 weeks down...
And apparently the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists has moved the goal posts on "full term" pregnancy. Not that it matters now that we're a few hours away from the new definition of full term, but the new pregnancy term classification system has five major categories:
  • preterm (before 37 weeks)
  • early term (37 to 38 weeks)
  • full term (39 to 40 weeks)
  • late term (41 weeks)
  • postterm (42 weeks and more).
So despite whatever I said last week, NOW we're at full term!

And in other weird news, parts that hurt a few weeks ago (read: achy hip joints!) feel brand new now. I have no idea why. But I'm not complaining. I'll be sore again soon enough...


Friday: 3 mile walk

Saturday: REST

Sunday: 2 mile walk + yard work
I planted dozens of daffodils for the spring! Now if I can just keep the squirrels from eating all of those bulbs...

Monday: 2 mile walk

Tuesday: 2 mile walk

Wednesday: 1 mile walk

Thursday: REST

This week's prentatal appointment took the place of my morning workout...

And my doc, husband, and I set an induction date for the 41 week mark. Juuuuuust in case Baby decides to hang out longer than he's supposed to.
Taper madness... but at least the finish line is in sight!


THE END IS IN SIGHT!!!


So... With my wonky doc-then-work schedule, I may or may not get in some real exercise today.

If not, we'll think of this as the beginning of "tapering for the big day."

Hell, I even carb-loaded by stopping to pick up bagels on the way in to my office this morning. Taper it is!



THE TALLY:
10 miles walked  + 0 miles run + no yoga???


WHAT I LOVED READING THIS WEEK:

A few days ago I received a preview copy of a new travel memoir, The Blind Masseuse: A Traveler's Memoir from Costa Rica to Cambodia, by Alden Jones...

It's FANTASTIC. (And I'm not just saying that because the book was free. I've received many free books over the years, and if they're horrible, I either don't post a review or I tell it straight that the book sucked.)

But more on the book later... it deserves its own post for a detailed review.


Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?