Thursday, October 3

Training for two: week 35

Here are the workout details from week 35...
My energy levels are inversely proportional to the number of times I wake up each night.


Friday: 2 mile walk

Saturday: REST
(Full disclosure: I napped for two hours after taking a 4 hour infant care and CPR class.)

Sunday: 2 mile walk + another 2 hour nap...

Monday: 2 mile walk

Tuesday: 2 mile walk

Wednesday: 2 mile walk + prenatal yoga + "keep ups"
My yoga teacher introduced me to keep ups a couple of weeks ago. The exercises are designed to induce discomfort and muscle fatigue (think small, repetitive movements for 3 full minutes) so pregnant mamas can get used to discomfort without panic.

Thursday: 2 mile walk


THE TALLY:
12 miles walked  + 0 miles run + 1 yoga session
...and no more weight loss due to nausea! Hooray!


WHAT I LOVED READING THIS WEEK:

I finally finished The Longest Road: Overland in Search of America, from Key West to the Arctic Ocean by Phillip Caputo

And after last week's infant care class I'm starting The Happiest Baby on the Block next. I don't expect to become an infant-calming expert, but what the heck, I might learn a few helpful tricks!


Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?