Saturday, June 11

The dreaded runner's tan

It's that time of year again... the time when I've been out running in the bright sunshine for a few weeks, but have not yet spent much time at the beach or in the pool.

So this weekend, as I put on my bathing suit to go to the beach, I glanced in the mirror and noticed (cue horror movie music) the dreaded runner's tan!

My quads have an equatorial line dividing light from dark. To the south, my legs are a golden tan. To the north, my legs are so blindingly white that people at the beach will have to put their sunglasses on when I walk by.

Is it vain to consider spray-tanning before I go outside in a bathing suit? (Or is it more like a public service?)

Or should I consider the runner's tan a badge of honor?

1 comment:

  1. DEFINITELY a badge of honor! You earned that tan line.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?