Thursday, May 2

Training for two: week 13 details

Here are the workout details from week 13...

Friday: Hubby and I spent 6 hours walking and dancing our way around Jazzfest.

Saturday: Dancing = workout (right?) Honestly, my feet were so sore by the end of Jazzfest Day 2, that running simply wasn't an option.

Sunday: REST!

Monday: 60 minutes on the stationary bike + FitnessBlender's weight training workout for fat loss.
I've got to say... I was surprised to find that I did NOT like this FitnessBlender workout.
First, the name irks me. I lift weights for strength. Even without a baby on board, I could give a flying fig about suspicious claims of "fat loss." But, title aside, some of the exercises seemed a little awkward. The "single pullovers + leg raise" felt like a pulled muscle waiting to happen... (and that's not because I'm pregnant). I also had to modify the lunge with a twist. (Not a pregnant-lady-friendly move! At least not for this pregnant lady!) I did, however, like the squats with a ventral raise, and I'm always a fan of push-ups.

Tuesday: 4 mile walk

Wednesday: 2.5 mile run + 1.5 mile walk IN VIRGINIA!

Thursday: 30 minute walk.


THE TALLY:
2.5 miles run, 7.5 miles walked, plus an hour on the stationary bike, a strength-training session, and dancing.

From here on out, the rest of the weekend is all about closing on our new house, cleaning, painting, etc...

So if I fall off the blogging bandwagon, you'll know where to find me...

... I'll be doing dead-lifts with paint cans and bags of mulch in the nearest home improvement store.
Women building window frames in France during WWI
Image source

Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?