Thursday, May 2

Virginia is for... runners

So, when I arrived in my brand-spanking-new hometown of Alexandria, Virginia last night, I did what any good runner would do. I ditched my bags at the hotel, and headed out for a run.

Running down brick-lined sidewalks is an aesthetic pleasure (but not ankle-friendly). That said, I was one happy runner when I got to the Potomac. I swear a runner designed the parks here. Long, gorgeous, well-groomed gravel trails wind alongside beautiful landscaping with a view over the river. Throw in a little springtime sunshine, and you have the ingredients for a perfect run.

A girl could get used to this.

This morning, I followed up with a visit to Pacers, a local running store, to get the inside scoop on group runs, races (at which you'll find me handing out cups of water and cheering on the sidelines for most of the 2013 racing season...), and other events.

And I saw this...
"Virginia is for runners" t-shirt
I haven't bought one of the Virginia is for Runners t-shirts.

Yet.

It won't fit over ,my expanding baby-belly.

But.

I'm glad to know I'm in good company here.

What's the first thing you look for when you move to a new neighborhood?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?