Friday, May 10

Training for two: week 14 details

Here are the workout details from week 14...*

Friday: Closing on the new house. I'm not even going to try and call this a "rest day."

Saturday: 8 hours of cleaning and painting = workout (right?)

Sunday: More cleaning. More painting. 8 more hours, to be precise.

Monday: Waited around for 6 hours for the gas company to show up only to find out (on my FOURTH call to them) that they "accidentally" cancelled my appointment. $#%@#$%@
I didn't raise my heart rate, but my blood pressure sure went through the roof.

Tuesday: More cleaning...

Wednesday: More cleaning...
(Will it ever end???)

Thursday: 45 minute walk.

THE TALLY:
Um... Mostly new-house move-in chores.
This week I tried to run, but baby-belly was bouncing too much for it to be comfortable. (Guys and not-pregnant gals -- imagine running while someone presses on your abdomen with each step and makes you feel like you have to pee. I love to run. I love it too much to hate it while I'm doing it. Hence: walking.)

And yeah. I know. All the "what to expect" books say I shouldn't be so huge that I have a bouncing baby-belly yet. But I'm a leggy 5'3." With my short torso, this baby has nowhere to go but out.

Thankfully my Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt** arrived on Thursday evening, so I took it out for a test run on Friday morning.

Success!!!
Friday's run felt like magic.

(Special thanks to The Average Woman Runner for the support belt recommendation!)



*Public Service Message from Captain Obvious: These posts are not intended to be a set of week-by-week pregnancy workout guidelines. Every woman needs to do what's right for her and her baby, with a doctor's guidance, of course. I'd just like to keep y'all up to date on how things are going in my little world.

**Also worth noting, I bought the maternity belt. This isn't a plug for a comp product. The ugly sucker won't win any fashion awards, but it really did work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?