Friday, May 24

Weekly roundup: Friday potluck

Welcome to another installment of the weekly roundup we all know and love: Friday potluckThis week's theme: running and not running


Running: PSA for run-commuters

Alma's post on things to absolutely ALWAYS remember if you run-commute had me chuckling.

Why was I laughing?
Because I've done exactly the same thing... and forgotten a crucial piece of work-attire at home. Oops! (Read The Average Woman Runner's run-commute snafu for yourself.) In my case, I didn't have a backup plan, so I high-tailed it to Macy's on my coffee break to replace the missing articles of clothing. Fit-commuting was definitely more expensive than gas that day!


Not running: Stupid People Tricks

As someone who's already getting fed up with unsolicited pregnancy and baby advice, this video MADE MY DAY:

Side Note: I think I'm going to write a book that's titled: "Billions of people on this planet raised perfectly healthy babies without high-tech advice from self-proclaimed 'child experts.' Why don't we all give that a try? Hmm...?"


Running: Shoes to save the world?

Researchers at Rice University developed shoes that collect the power we "lose" when our foot hits the ground. This might be the polar opposite of the barefoot running movement, but it sure beats getting tarballs stuck to your feet after an oil spill...


Not running: In My Kitchen...

My kitchen is still empty...
Just me and my folding chair...
 ... like echo-chamber empty.

But I have made several trips to the Alexandria farmers market!
Alexandria farmers market
I only have one pot and one frying pan, no measuring cups, and few cooking utensils, but that just means I need to get really creative with my culinary plans. Omelette with swiss chard? Check! Soup with kale, chicken, and brown rice? Check! Plate of fresh chopped veggies and hummus for dinner? Check!

A few more weeks like this, and I'll be prepared for one of those culinary survivor "reality" TV shows!


Quote of the week:
"It is impossible" said pride. "It is risky" said experience. "It is pointless" said reason. "Give it a try" whispered the heart.

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?