Do you want fries with that?
Deep fried butter not to your liking? Try deep fried cereal for all the sugar-rushing, artery-clogging, sad commentary on humanity that you've come to expect at your annual county fair.
Obesity epidemic: 2, Humanity: 0
Speaking of sad commentary...
|Weight capacity on the loo.|
The obesity epidemic is horrifying, but pro-ana isn't the answer. Urban Outfitters had to pull this shirt off their shelves.
There's a championship for that?
Runners might lust after entry to the Boston marathon or watch the Olympic Trials with rapt attention, but our sport is not the only one with serious world championships.
In fact, if you can think of a game, there's probably a world championship for it. Case(s) in point:
- Rock Paper Scissors world championship -$10,000 prize!
- World Sauna Championship - in 2010 one of the finalists died... which puts an entirely different spin on this summer's debate about running in the heat
- Staring contest - which, sadly, was born in my current town - Pensacola, FL
- Pooh Sticks - of the Winnie variety, not the dirty diaper variety, although diapers would be more impressive
- Toe Wrestling - I'm not even sure what to say about this one...
Maybe it's not "reading" as much as it is "viewing," but 21 Pictures that Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity warmed my heart and made my week. Here's #4:
Quote of the week:
"I knew that if I allowed fear to overtake me, my journey was doomed. Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I chose to tell myself a different story..."Happy Friday!
Cheryl Strayed on hiking the PCT, in Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail