Thursday, October 25

Thursday thanks

I've suffered a bit of "thanks" writers-block the last couple of weeks.

I have nothing to complain about, but I'm exhausted.

Teaching + work + conferences + consulting + travel to-and-from all of the above + keeping up with day-to-day chores has worn me out. How do people do this once they have kids??? Maybe they skip the conferences? Get no sleep? All of the above?

Anyway...


There are things I'm thankful for, but skipping the blog to squeeze in a 2-mile run or to get another 20 minutes of sleep has seemed sooo very much more important lately.

Then it occurred to me that the harried times are when "thanks" matters the most.

So... I'm thankful for this habit. Because even when I don't want to take the time to write my thoughts down, I spend every Thursday morning (and sometimes Wednesday night) ticking off a mental list of all of the things I have to be thankful for.

Officially I'm sorting through ideas for blog content.

But how can you think about life's little pleasures without feeling grateful?

Source: goo.gl via Rowan on Pinterest

The thanks-blog habit helps keep things in perspective.

What are YOU thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?