Friday, October 12

Weekly roundup: Friday potluck

Welcome to another installment of the weekly roundup we all know and love: Friday potluck!

Voyeurism on the job

As bloggers, we are all a bit exhibitionist. But would we want the world tracking along with our track changes? Or do we only want readers to see the polished, finished product?

Novelist Silvia Hartmann is a making her book-writing an (ahem) open book by composing in a publicly-available Google doc. Her apt title for this work of writing exhibitionism/voyeurism: The Naked Writer Project.


Stupid people tricks

Speaking of voyeurism... I couldn't help but take a picture of my biggest pet-owner pet peeve in action.

Imagine how I felt when, three miles later, I needed water...
Dog licking a people fountain in Piedmont Park. Eww.
At least I had the decency to obscure the dude's face. But seriously, dog-owner, not cool!


A tragedy continues

A new oil slick has shown up in the Gulf of Mexico. Tests confirm the oil is the same as what was found during the original Deepwater Horizon spill. Speculation suggests Deepwater Horizon is still leaking, though some experts claim they're sure it's not.

This may not be headline news everywhere, but the Gulf Coast is my home, and I was already tired of finding tar balls on the beach. I don't know about y'all, but if I want my shrimp to be greasy, they'd better be deep-fried, not deep-horizoned.


Cheetah!
I loved this infographic of biometric details on the world's fastest animal.
  Cheetah: Nature's Speed Machine, by Jacob O'NealInfographic designed by Jacob O'Neal


Cheater.

Kip Litton.
'nuff said.


Quote of the week:
"When you cheat, you only cheat yourself"
One of Hubby's favorite training mantras...

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?