Tuesday, July 3

Are you my next guest blogger?

Do you have stunning vacation photos that deserve a wider audience?
Would you like to tell the world about your runner-friendly hometown?
Are you interested in driving more traffic to your own blog?

If your answer to any of these questions is "yes," this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I am looking for guest bloggers to expand the "Postcards" series of travel-related posts.

Image source
Step 1:
Send an email to me - coffeeb123 (at) yahoo (dot) com - with the following information:
  • Your name, as you would like it to appear when posted
  • A link to your blog
  • The location you would like to write about in your guest post

Step 2:
If your proposal suits the "postcards" theme, I'll ask you to email a post to me along with 2-4 of your own photos illustrating the location. I generally accept submissions as-is, but I reserve the right to make minor modifications for grammar and clarity.

Step 3:
I will post your postcard, along with introductory text that links readers back to your blog. When it goes live, I ask that you post a link to the postcard on your blog.

What makes a good Postcard?

Postcards posts are generally 250-750 words, but good content is more important than length.

As with a hard-copy postcard, photos are crucial. Images do not need to be studio quality, but should capture the spirit of the area you describe.

To make the link between travel and running, text should highlight one (or more) of the following:
  • Favorite local running route(s)
  • Popular local running club(s)
  • Running gear stores that cater to runners with extra perks (e.g. provide lockers and restrooms for use by runners, organize weekly group runs, etc...)

I hope to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?