Thursday, July 19

Thursday thanks (anniversary)

It has been one year since I posted my first weekly note of gratitude under the heading Thursday thanks.

50-something* notes later, I can say with certainty that this weekly writing exercise forced me to look for the silver lining even on gloomy days.

I'll be honest, there were some days when it was more difficult to find that silver than others. Just because I post a positive thought each week does not mean life is always wine and roses here. Job stress, deaths in the family, uncertainty about where we'll be moving next year, and angst about living so far away from my closest friends were just a few of the hurdles to jump over the past twelve months.

But having a writing "deadline" nudged me to look for the wine and the roses when I might otherwise have poured a stiff drink, pulled the covers over my head, and moped.

Some days my gratitude was sweeping and universal. On other days I tried to find joy in tiny, every day conveniences.

Here are some of my favorites, big and small:

*Note: I posted one double-duty "thanks" to cover two weeks.


What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?