Sunday, September 23

Autumn love

Autumn is here!!!

Ok... ok... Jamoosh is right. No one from Texas to Georgia is safe from heat waves until Thanksgiving, but now it's in the 60s at dawn - not the 80s. I'll take what I can get.

I love this season for so many reasons:
  • Running is more pleasant (read: faster and less sweaty).
  • I no longer get the stinkeye when I order a pumpkin spice coffee or an Oktoberfest beer.
  • School is in session and I again love at least one of my jobs.
  • Summer crowds are gone from the beaches, leaving them wide open for locals like me.
  • Hiking in Florida in the autumn feels more like hiking, and less like swimming. (Full disclosure: I mostly avoid hiking and trail running here between May and September. Between the bugs and the heat, it can be a miserable experience. But fall and winter months? Bring on the trails!)


What is your favorite fall tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?