Ok... ok... Jamoosh is right. No one from Texas to Georgia is safe from heat waves until Thanksgiving, but now it's in the 60s at dawn - not the 80s. I'll take what I can get.
I love this season for so many reasons:
- Running is more pleasant (read: faster and less sweaty).
- I no longer get the stinkeye when I order a pumpkin spice coffee or an Oktoberfest beer.
- School is in session and I again love at least one of my jobs.
- Summer crowds are gone from the beaches, leaving them wide open for locals like me.
- Hiking in Florida in the autumn feels more like hiking, and less like swimming. (Full disclosure: I mostly avoid hiking and trail running here between May and September. Between the bugs and the heat, it can be a miserable experience. But fall and winter months? Bring on the trails!)
What is your favorite fall tradition?