Thursday, September 13

Thursday thanks

This week I'm thankful for a couple of treats...

First, I stopped in at a coffee shop yesterday to get my first pumpkin-spiced beverage of the season. (Cliche, I know. But I love 'em. There are worse habits to have...) When I ordered my drink, and handed over my re-usable coffee mug, the barista started a chatty conversation that kept me smiling for a good hour after I left the store.
Thank you coffee lady!
Second, my friend Miss M pinned a recipe for oatmeal peanut butter cookies.

I noticed the pin, thought "I love peanut butter and I love oatmeal cookies. Why not?!"

As soon as I wrapped up my work for the day, I was in the kitchen whipping up a batch of peanut butter goodness. And I am not a baker by any stretch of the imagination.

The recipe was easy to follow and the cookies were delicious.

Baker's note: I used half the amount of sugar called for in the recipe, since I'm not a fan of sweet peanut butter cookies. I also used natural you-have-to-stir-it peanut butter. As a result, the texture of the cookies was a little flakey -  more like a scone than a chewy cookie - but I will definitely make them again.

What are you thankful for this week?
Are you a baker, a cook, both, or none of the above?
I normally consider myself a cook, but after many years of prodding by friends, including Miss M, I occasionally follow a recipe and bake something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?