Friday, September 21

Weekly roundup: Friday potluck

Welcome to another installment of the weekly roundup we all know and love: Friday potluck!


Act your age, not your shoe size

When I was younger, my mom used to tell me:
"Act your age, not your shoe size!"
Well, mom, I still don't act my age. And based on this list of age-appropriate clothing, I'm pretty sure I never will. (Is there really an age at which ponytails become a bad thing?)


Rest really is best

This article came along at a time when I probably most needed to read it: Bernard Lagat is beginning his annual cycle of 5 weeks of complete rest. Five weeks! I had no idea that any world class athlete took that much time off of training. But I like the concept.

Maybe I'll start calling my injury-recovery a "Lagat training interval."


Laughter is the best medicine

10 reasons running doesn't suck.


Message in a bottle

A Scottish fisherman found a 98 year old message in a bottle. Imagine his surprise when he read the note and discovered that it was set adrift as part of a scientific study of ocean currents, and was not a love letter or a message tossed into the ocean by hopeful castaways on a deserted isle... Still, a pretty neat catch, no?

Speaking of message in a bottle, I got a kick out of this modernized version:


I apologize in advance for what's about to come next...

Source: mightygirl.com via Beth on Pinterest


Quotes of the week:
"When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile."
George Burns
"As we grow older, our bodies get shorter and our anecdotes longer."
Robert Quillen
"Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?