Make it,I got inspired to write this list when I was brainstorming a "gifts that need no wrapping" article for Examiner.com.
buy it local,
or gift an experience instead of an item.
For the runner in your life, consider gifting:
- Entry into a race the runner wants to run, but hasn't registered for
- Homemade protein bites, or other post-race recovery treat
- Sessions with a running coach
For the hiker or trail-runner in your life, consider gifting:
- A national parks pass or state parks pass
- Homemade granola
- A charitable donation, in the person's honor, to a wilderness preservation organization
For any fitness-minded friends and family, consider gifting:
- Gym membership
- Sessions with a personal trainer
- A massage
- Classes at a local yoga or pilates studio
- A gift certificate to the person's favorite healthy restaurant
The moral of this story: It is possible to give someone a meaningful, thoughtful gift that won't end up in a landfill. And all of these gifts are virtually guaranteed to fit, require no gift-wrapping, and don't involve fighting through holiday shopping crowds. Win-win-win!
What clever can't-be-wrapped gifts have you given or gotten over the years?