Yes I know... I know... I don't usually run with music. But this is a race. This is different.
If I can't hear how hard I'm breathing... I. Run. Faster.
A cheap trick?
But it works.
And while I'm not sure I'm ready to beat my PR this early in the season, I do plan to run 'til I puke tomorrow. If only to see where I am pace-wise...
- Dog Days are Over - Florence + The Machine
- Born Too Slow - The Crystal Method
- Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z
- Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
- Gold Guns Girls - Metric
- Ready to Start - Arcade Fire
- Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
- Busy Child - The Crystal Method
- Times Like These - Foo Fighters
- Keep Hope Alive - The Crystal Method
Playlist length: 46 minutes. I hope to only use half of that...
Playlist philosophy: Songs with 160 beats per minute or greater (or songs that make me want to run fast). Allegedly songs in the 170-180 bpm range are ideal for running.
What songs make you want to run fast?