Tuesday, February 19

Daily dose of awesome x 2

Little awesome moments happen every day. They just don't always make headline news...
Daily Dose of Awesome highlights the awesome little things that don't make headlines (but should).


A little bit of awesome...

On Saturday I was out for a run. It hurt. I wanted to throw in the towel and try again another day. (Given the crunching, pinching pain in my right foot... maybe that would've been a wise choice? *cough* plantar fasciitis *cough* But I digress...)

A few miles in, I passed another runner who was bundled up in a black and hot pink outfit, topped off with a black fleece vest. She seemed focused on the music streaming from her earbuds. We nodded a brief greeting and moved on.

Half an hour later, as I was headed for home, I passed the fleece-clad runner again.

This time she gave me a big smile, a thumbs up, and a huge WOO HOO!

That made me smile (and made the last couple of miles far more pleasant).

I'm sure my fellow runner had no idea how much I needed that nudge, but it made a huge difference for my run and for my day.

Thank you fleece runner!


... and a BIG dose of awesome

While watching the local news last night, I couldn't help but be stunned by the story of 9-year-old Alyssa Cravatt, a young girl who has spent many long nights in the hospital undergoing treatment for severe asthma.

Rather than let her medical condition dampen her spirit, Alyssa decided she had a mission in life. She started asking friends and family to give her gift cards for her birthday...

She uses those gift cards to buy trunk-loads of toys, and then she personally delivers the toys to other children in the hospital.

(Ok, the Alyssa story did make headlines, but only here in the local press. And a nine year old giving up her birthday toys to cheer up children in a hospital? That story is too good not to share!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?