Friday, November 4

Rest day

Normally Friday is speedwork day.

But, despite sports massage, stretching, and icing, my hip still doesn't feel 100 percent better. And the half marathon is only 9 days away.

While I'd normally only take it easy for a week before a half marathon, I've decided to extend my pre-race taper and start scaling back now: No more track workouts. No double-digit runs this weekend.

After all, one more speed session won't make or break my race.
But aggravating that hip could ruin it entirely.

So, I took a page from Peanut's book and decided to sleep in.
It felt GREAT!
Now, I just need to figure out what to do with all this extra energy...

How long do you taper before your races?

3 comments:

  1. Good for you listening to your body and giving it a break! I know that is often easier said than done!

    Good luck at the half!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?