Thursday, November 24

Thursday thanks -- Thanksgiving

I write a "Thursday thanks" each week, no matter what week it is... It's just a happy coincidence that this week's "thanks" falls on Thanksgiving. (I should note that this was composed in advance... just like the pies we're baking.)

I'm thankful for...
Hubby - who runs crazy errands on his way home from work, like picking up flowers for our Thanksgiving centerpiece (and sending me cell phone photos so I get the colors I want).

My parents and brother - who have been keeping an eye out for me since before I can remember... (Well, all except for Bro. I remember the day he showed up!) Bro even ran 26.2 miles with me. If that's not love, I don't know what is.

Friends, near and far - who stay in touch even though no matter where I live, I'm always 2,000 miles away from at least half of them.

My job - makes me crazy sometimes, but it pays the bills (and, hello, I get to telecommute). Plus, I work with some incredibly bright people. Not a bad deal.

My legs - which seem to work better the older I get... Maybe that's a good thing about picking up running post-college? Even in my mid-30s, my glory days still lie ahead!

Peanut butter - makes the world go 'round. No more perfect food was ever invented. I can polish off a jar in a week. (Hey, it could be worse. I could be addicted to drugs. Peanut butter seems like the safer choice.)


...and lots of other things, but if I list them all here, I'll have nothing to write about next week!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that PB is probably the perfect food. Love it.

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post.. and those flowers look amazing. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?