Monday, July 11

Follow that hare

Last night was another entertaining run with the Hashers. Slowly, but surely, I'm learning the "traditions" (because there are no rules in hashing, only traditions). For example, pointing with your fingers is a major breach of etiquette, but pointing with an elbow is perfectly acceptable. (Ignore the fact that in pointing with an elbow, everyone looks a bit like they're doing the Chicken Dance.)

I think what I enjoy most about these runs, in addition to the fact that all of the participants are fun-loving and very friendly, is that in the thrill of the "chase" you almost forget how far you've run. It was a hot night, so the planned route was only 3.5 miles, but with all of the twists, turns, and turnarounds we ran more than 4. If I had been running on my own, I am certain the heat would have worn me down, but there was a trail to find! There were Hares to catch! There was cold beer to be had!

On on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?