Thursday, July 28

Thursday thanks

Today I am thankful for neighbors who leave their sprinklers on in the mornings, so that I may run through them to cool off.

What?
The sprinklers are not for my personal enjoyment?
The neighbors don't want me running across their lawns?
Bah!

The sprinklers are on. I need cooling. And (jokes aside) there is so little accuracy in sprinkler spray that I never need to leave the pavement to get hosed down.

In drought-parched Southern California, I used to be peeved when my neighbors would water their lawns. But my views of lawn watering have changed on the Gulf Coast. I embrace my inner 5-year-old, and head straight for the water every time I see a sprinkler that's spraying into the street along my running route.

Photo courtesy of the State Library of Queensland, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?