Thursday, January 26

Thursday thanks

This week I'm thankful that Hubby encourages this running stuff.
I had to wake up before 5am last Sunday, but (technically) he did not have to. This is one of the few races that I registered for, but he did not.

I'm a big girl, I could go on my own...

He woke up anyway.
He grabbed the car keys, and drove for an hour down dark, foggy roads, to get me to the starting line (which gave me time to put on my toe socks and pull my hair into a bun -- I was running late).
And then he ran from checkpoint to checkpoint, covering more than 6 miles, with a bouncing backpack, just to take photos.
Hubby: world's best personal photographer.
After the race, he ferried my things back to the car and returned with my flip-flops, while I sat back and finished a bottle of water.

In all seriousness, I think Hubby enjoyed the race, too. I mean, he did get to meet a macaw from the local zoo.
But all he "really" got out of the morning was an early wakeup call, a bowl of jambalaya, and an hour drive back home in a tiny, enclosed space with a very smelly girl.

Ahh... true love!

What are you thankful for this week?

3 comments:

  1. that is awesome! Nothing better than your own personal support crew.

    I am thankful for my running friends this week who put up with my whining when I am sucking wind during hill repeats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a keeper there! That is so cool of him to do that for you!

    I am thankful for a supportive husband and best friend keeping me motivated and in line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth! Thank you for your insightful resources for aspiring writers like myself. I truly appreciate you taking the time to email me directly with sources. THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?