Friday, January 4

Weekly roundup: Friday potluck

Welcome to another installment of the weekly roundup we all know and love: Friday potluck!

Pardon me while I shake the cobwebs out of my vacation brain. After 8 days in San Diego for work and a week in Texas for play, this blogging thing is a little rusty... And while I kept up the run-streak throughout the holidays, my current fitness level feels a bit like this...


Burning more than calories

We saw a few examples of bicycle-powered charging stations in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, but one company is working to make these cycle generators more mainstream.

According to the developers, a 10-minute workout could produce enough juice to charge a cell phone.


Things I want to make for dinner

It's January. It's cold. (Even in northwest Florida.)

In my kitchen, that means it's soup season, and a new carrot soup recipe from Smitten Kitchen is on my menu this week.
Source: smittenkitchen.com via Beth on Pinterest


Fresh start

Sarah's 13 Fresh Starts for the New Year is a unique twist on the stale old resolution bandwagon.


Not your typical commute

First I chuckled, then I started thinking about the logistics: How could anyone get all those balloons onto a subway car in the first place? This must've been a team effort...
Image source

Quote of the week:
"You will never win if you never begin."

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?