Friday, January 25

Weekly roundup: Friday potluck

Welcome to another installment of the weekly roundup we all know and love: Friday potluck!


Faster than a speeding train
Image source
Perhaps there's a new endurance sport brewing? In "Man vs. Subway" Phillip Petit races a subway train from one stop to the next.

The question is: Does he win, or does the train win?

(For what it's worth, I once tested out-running my morning bus. The bus won for the first mile of my old commute, but once we got into the city and the bus stopped every block, I beat it by a long while... Run commuting for the win!)


Luxury accommodations?

If you're looking for privacy, this hotel is not for you. Situated in the middle of a public restroom, this single-room hotel might be more of a curious public art installation than a functioning hotel. (Really, do you want to sleep while strangers are farting behind a small partition in your bedroom?)
Public restroom hotel
Image source

Downtime

This post about disconnecting for true downtime struck a chord with me. When I'm home or at the office, I find myself checking my multiple email accounts, text messages, facebook, twitter, etc... with alarming frequency.

Maybe that's why I leave my phone behind when I run...


Good advice

Mama always said that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

In posts reminiscent of my "Can't we all just get along" commentary, EMZ makes a strong case that people should stop hating on others and Melissa (Live, Love & Run) urges us to do our own thing.


Sweet rewards

For a dinner party last night I made lemon olive oil cake: 6 ingredients and one heck of an arm workout if you whip the egg whites by hand. Simple. Easy. Delicious.
Image source

Quote of the week:
"Without running, I would have missed the joy of rain. What could be considered an inconvenience or a bummer to the inexperienced is actually a gift. Without running, I would miss a lot of things—like seeing cities in a certain way, or knowing certain people all the way to the core. I'm glad we don't experience life through glass, under cover, or from the sidelines. Good things take miles."
Kristin Armstrong

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?