Friday, October 28

No better way to experience a place

I love to travel + I love to run = Best way to see a new place is to run through it.

Apparently I'm not the only one...

This showed up in the week's Runner's World Quote of the Day emails:
There is no better way to experience a place than to run it. You get to experience the deep crevices of an area, the senses beyond the visual, something you would never do if you didn't run.
Tawnya MacNeil, Runner's World Challenger
I recently had the opportunity to run in Tallahassee, and have an upcoming work trip that will give me a whole week to run in San Diego. (Best running city in the world! Oh wait... I might be a biased judge...)

I keep a list of all of the places I've run, and get a warm feeling in my heart when I get to add a new city to the list.

Do you run when you travel?
Where is your favorite place to run?

5 comments:

  1. Running is definitely a great way to experience a new locale. Oddly enough, so is finding the local watering hole and boozing with the residents. Running and drinking comes in handy. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't travel that much but when I do, I agree it's the best way to see the places. Sometimes my Garmin gets really confused though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to go back to Hawaii, because they had THE best running trails there...but I was on my honeymoon, so exercise didn't make an appearance outside of boogy boarding, sunset walks, and snorkeling ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. completely agree!! I love to run as soon as we get to a new city. I see things I just couldn't possibly from a car.

    And san diego...oh I want to move there every time I go and get to run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree. My favorite place so far is Martha's Vineyard, Mass.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?