Friday, October 7

It's all in my head

Flu-prevention mask, circa 1918.
It's all in my head.
Literally.

I've got a sniffly, sneezy, slimy, sleazy head cold.

Today was supposed to be speedwork day. I can't go to the gym, lest I sneeze on others. I don't want to go to the track, because, quite frankly, I feel like crap.

So I'm staying in.
Already did yoga.
Will go for a lunchtime walk.
Or just eat soup.
I'll figure that out when I get there.

But I was looking forward to 800m sprints. (Dear readers: The next time I need motivation, please remind me that there are times when I really WANT to run intervals and feel cheated when I cannot.)

Speaking of feeling cheated... To this cold, I have only one thing to say:
GO AWAY!!!
You're messing with my running.*
And don't even think of sticking around for my long run this weekend.
That's not an option.

Do you keep running when you're sick?
Or do you take a day off?

*Note: If Runner's World is any indication, I'm not the only person suffering from this malaise.

Photo courtesy of the State Library of New South Wales.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, head colds are so annoying. Lots of OJ and chicken soup - hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuck - sorry you're sick! I sometimes try to "run through" a cold, with mixed results - sometimes I feel better, sometimes worse. Hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?