Tuesday, December 6

Good. Bad. Weird. Wonderful.

Good: Finished 2 runs today.
My legs are slowly starting to feel less like lead and more like legs!

Bad: I'm home alone in Florida and my San Diego friends are at a holiday party. Without me.
Florida FAIL.

Weird: I bumped into a former student at a group run tonight. Met his mom, too. Good for them for exercising! But weird to meet a student when I'm wearing schlubby old running clothes and my hair is a hot mess. (See "Bad" below.)

Good: Discovered a free yoga class in my neighborhood. Score!

Bad: The humidity is so intense, my house keys collect condensation as soon as I step outside. (Just imagine what's that's doing to my hair. Even ponytails can't survive sauna conditions. Not ideal running weather, either...) Florida fail again!

Weird: On my morning run, there was a pig rooting around in a neighbor's lawn.
Yes.
A pig.
I do not live in, on, or anywhere near a farm.
I still have no idea where the pig came from or where he was going.
The weirdest part: I stopped to stare. Another runner passed and didn't notice at all. (Seriously, dude. How do you not notice a 150 pound PIG on the side of the road??? If a third neighbor hadn't also noticed the little porker, I'd have worried for my sanity.)

Wonderful: Just as I was starting to be really bummed out about sitting at home alone (Hubby's away for work tonight), missing my California friends, this song came on World Cafe:


If I have to be stuck home alone, finding good new music is a consolation prize I'm willing to accept.

What song(s) are on "repeat" on your playlist right now?
Any other good/bad/weird/wonderful events today?

3 comments:

  1. I've had "Constant Craving" (Glee cast version) stuck in my head since last week's episode. Thankfully it's a decent song, but it's starting to drive me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the humidity, during the summer around here I don't even bother to apologize for my hair after runs. Beware of those pigs!! Those feral hogs down there can MEAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenn - Thanks for the info! It hadn't occurred to me that it might be feral. I assumed it got out of some neighbor's yard, but the more research I do, the more I think you're probably right!
    (Note to self: run the other way today!)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?