|Photo courtesy of digitalart|
2011 was a year of new
- I packed up my life and moved across the country (Moved out of California after a decade there. The transition was not entirely easy.)
- Hubby and I got married.
- I started teaching college courses.
- I ran through my first Florida summer, and survived. (Unfortunately so did the "palmetto bugs." I will never be OK with Florida's fauna...)
- I discovered that small races mean age group award potential.
- I completed a month-long running streak.
- I started a running blog...
- My laptop died while I was working on a conference paper.
- I found out that I did not win an award I was seeking for that conference paper (laptop issues are not to blame). Total bummer.
- I checked three more states and several more cities off of my "places I've been to (not counting airport layovers)" and "places I've run" lists.
- I spent lots of time with my far-away family.
There were some ups and downs, but all in all, 2011 was a decent vintage.
What are you thankful for this year?