Thursday, December 29

Thursday thanks

To find inspiration for this week's Thursday thanks, I looked back at my Thanks posts from earlier in the year. (After all, isn't that what year-end is all about -- reflecting on what has passed and planning what is to come?)
Photo courtesy of digitalart
and Freedigitalphotos.net

2011 was a year of new challenges adventures for me:

  • I packed up my life and moved across the country (Moved out of California after a decade there. The transition was not entirely easy.)
  • Hubby and I got married.
  • I started teaching college courses.
  • I ran through my first Florida summer, and survived. (Unfortunately so did the "palmetto bugs." I will never be OK with Florida's fauna...)
  • I discovered that small races mean age group award potential.
  • I completed a month-long running streak.
  • I started a running blog...
  • My laptop died while I was working on a conference paper.
  • I found out that I did not win an award I was seeking for that conference paper (laptop issues are not to blame). Total bummer.
  • I checked three more states and several more cities off of my "places I've been to (not counting airport layovers)" and "places I've run" lists.
  • I spent lots of time with my far-away family.

There were some ups and downs, but all in all, 2011 was a decent vintage.
Cheers, friends!

What are you thankful for this year?


4 comments:

  1. You had an eventful year! And sounds like you are adjusting nicely.

    I have so much to be thankful for...top of the list my two great kids and their health. And I'm going to put running again right up there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a lot going on in 2011 and much for which to be grateful! I'm thankful for my hubs, time with my mom this holiday season, being able to run, and another year of full-time employment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very eventful year! Good job adapting to all the changes in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely had a lot going on in 2011!

    Palmetto/Water bugs were a shock to my system as well. I moved to GA from VA after graduating college and I'd never seen one. The notion of flying roaches that live outdoors and can come into your home even if you don't keep a nasty house floored me. I still shudder when I encounter one.

    I'm always thankful for the family I was born into and the family I created. I'm also thankful for meeting my big goals this year.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?