Saturday, December 10

Streak week 3

Goodbye week 3 of the Runner's World holiday running streak! Week 1 was novel, week 2 made me feel hardcore, week 3 (not going to lie) is starting to wear me out. I had planned on a 14-mile run today (thinking I'd start training for a March marathon). But my legs are tired. Instead of 14 today, I decided on an easy couple of miles, and shifted my double-digit day to tomorrow.


Here's how the week shook out:
  1. Sunday - 12 tired miles
  2. Monday - 1 slow "recovery" mile around the neighborhood
  3. Tuesday - 2-fer Tuesday with 1.5 in the morning + 3.5 at night (and saw a pig munching on my neighbor's lawn!)
  4. Wednesday - 1.2 miles
  5. Thursday - 3.5 miles + tried a new yoga class
  6. Friday - 1.3 miles
  7. Saturday - 2 miles
This adds up to 26 miles for the week.

21 days down, 15 left to go!
(How much longer do I need to keep this up to join the US Running Streak Association? Maybe I should skip the marathon and make streaking my 2012 goal.)

What are your holiday running goals?

3 comments:

  1. My goal is to get back out there and run consistently. This stupid knee is seriously putting a cramp in my style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job this week! I'm a week and a half into the streak and I'm in that feeling good part! Next week when I have to do my 13 mile long run I may feel different, but I'm sticking with it like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goal is to just survive training for my first marathon.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?