Thursday, February 2

Happy Groundhog Day!

Punxsutawney Phil predicts that there will be 6 more weeks of winter, but how can you have "more" of something that hasn't shown up in the first place?
This movie is one of my
all-time favorites.
Has there been any winter yet this winter? Temperatures have been in the 70s here in Florida, and it was 61 degrees in New York City yesterday. It's been in the 50s in Maine and unseasonably warm in Minnesota, too.
If the groundhog is right... and I am not one to base weather predictions on an over-hyped rodent... But IF we're in for 6 more weeks of warm "winter," I don't think many runners will complain.
Then again...
We'd run either way.


3 comments:

  1. Groundhog day is such a strange "holiday". It has been unseasonably warm around the country. I know all of my family back in the midwest is loving it!

    I used to love the Groundhog Day movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Groundhog Day! :) There was a great quote in the Chicago Sun-Times from one of the vice-presidents of the Inner Circle, that runs the event at Punxatawney, saying that Phil wasn't site-specific, so somewhere someone was bound to have six more weeks of winter. I like that interpretation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Phil, personally! He depresses me every year. And I know I shouldn't complain this year. I still think we will get hit hard in Feb. Hope I am wrong as all my bulbs are happy out there believing it is spring!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?