Wednesday, February 1

Are you feeling lucky?

Hello February!
I ended January with 2 x Tuesday run = 4 morning miles + 3 after work.
If you had told me, years ago, that I'd enjoy running twice a day, I'd probably have keeled over with laughter. I staunchly believed in a full day's recovery between runs. Sometimes two days. I was new then. What did I know?

I'm not sure what happened to change my mind, but now I look forward to two-fer Tuesdays. (My crazy 12-hour-workday teaching schedule might be to blame...)

And, because everything in life somehow balances out, I'll be starting February with the opposite of 2 runs: lots and lots of sitting at a computer.

It has taken me a few weeks to adjust to the feast/famine work schedule, but on the long days I can squeeze in some strength training while my morning coffee brews. Honestly, my weights had been gathering dust in a corner of the living room. I think they're glad I had to get creative about workout time.

So my weird work schedule might not be good for my sleep or my running, but it is great for my biceps and my wallet. Not a bad tradeoff...

On another subject entirely, dear readers... Are you feeling lucky?

Don't forget to enter this week's giveaway!

Do you ever run twice in a day?
Are you feeling lucky today?

4 comments:

  1. I honestly don't think I've ever run twice in one day!
    Yes, I'm feeling lucky. It's a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love two a days! I really only do them once a week when in marathon training, but I always feel so good when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never run two-a-days but it's something I would like to start in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I could run twice a day at all, but you definitely motivate me to run more. And the fact that you can work around your schedule, but still get a work out in is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?